All that computer stuff
I've been involved with computers, networks, online content, and interactive software on and off since 1977. More recently, I've been a tutor, consultant and content developer for local and online venues since 1990. A few credentials:
- As a sysop in CompuServe's Music And Performing Arts Forum, I posted information, FAQs, assisted users and monitored file and message boards.
- As a consultant to a computer reseller and regional ISP, I developed software strategies, user support, and coached technical support personnel. I also researched and developed new product opportunities and markets.
- As a lead systems administrator for a military intelligence office, I have managed user support, configuration control, information systems maintenance and troubleshooting, technical documentation, new technology consulting, presentations and briefs, and personal and group training. Recently I developed a "group call" paging solution for my Tactical Intelligence Team. It enhanced communication and allowed us to respond immediately and make decisions, 24 hours a day.
- Most recently, I've worked as a Special Projects Officer, developing intranet solutions, designing and procuring alphanumeric pager packages (see this example of the "page from anywhere" interface), and editing a complete handbook for a new department, including qualification sheets and position descriptions.
- As a mentor, I guide young people in their discovery of the power of computers and the new media. I learn a lot from them, too. (Recent examples include the web site projects for the Marin County Fair, and the Novato Unified School District.) I consult locally to a number of non-profit groups and the local school district. Providing reasoned, quality guidance and options to organizations that provide community services is rewarding work which also challenges me to grow in my technical and professional skills.
Helping you work smarter
What does this mean to you? I can consult or coach your organization in basic system management principles, content development, training, and specific information technology applications. As a webmaster, I can help your group design and maintain an effective web site that makes the most of your unique services, and your market's expectations. (Take a peek at our quick recipe for How Not To Make a Lame Web Site.)
For projects requiring fast turnover, or multiple disciplines, I can call upon a group of other specialists who work with Korova Multimedia on occasion.
I tend to take on clients when the proposal will be mutually challenging and beneficial. Since moving to Northern California, I've spent as much or more of my private practice time devoting my talents to non-profit and educational assignments in the local and online community. I do not do grunt work, nor cheap "quickie" solutions. I'm interested in providing a service to your and your company that is a lasting quality contribution.
Any initial consultation and discussion of your proposition is free. Please feel free to contact me via my contact page here on this site. To find out more about my credentials, please review my résumé.
Last revision: 1 January 1998
© Copyright 1997 D.B. Spalding/
Korova Multimedia. All rights reserved.